Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Letters

Hello Friday! It's so nice to meet you, even though I had yesterday off (and had every intention of doing a Thursday Lately but a few glasses of wine got in the way- and pinky promise to do a Thursday Lately next Thursday because I really do have a lot to share) I am looking forward to Sunday off. This week has been quite a emotional roller coaster. 


Dear Self,
This week we've had the best of times and the worst of times. I have been impressed by the energy you give me and the power to push on but I have also been disappointed in the body I have and how as much work I put in yet you won't show the payoff. I've shed to many tears this week over the reflection I'm seeing. Please please please work with me here!! Show the efforts and hours I put into working out.

Dear New Dress Code @ Work,
I'm not sure how I feel about you. They always say the grass is greener on the other side but I'm not so sure about that. I wear a white non-iron button down and black pants now but going to dark denim, chambray or white shirt, and navy coat isn't sounding so pleasing to me. I need more details please! 

Dear Husband,
Thank you for loving me unconditionally you're my best friend and my soul mate. We've been tested in our first year of marriage but I know when we both said 'till death do us part' we both meant it and I thank you for that. You're my shoulder to cry on (which I've soaked this week) and my rock, I couldn't imagine my life without you. 

Dear Paleo Diet,
I'm sticking with you even though you're not my friend from a scale standpoint. I'm trying to believe you will do me good in the end. I feel great and I'm not going through any crazy withdrawals so I want to stick to it. 

This is my first week linking up to Friday Letters ! Hope you've enjoyed! 


Photobucket Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. hey girly! i saw you over on ashleys page! {fridays letters} and wanted to say i love your blog!

    lovely letters as well!

    happy to be your newest bloggy friend/follower/stalker ;)

    say hi back sometime? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!! Thank you so much for leaving a comment & thank you for the sweet compliment. Thanks for following & I'll def have to check out your blog!!

      Delete
  2. ew i DON'T LIKE DRESS CODES! yuck!! ha found you via the newlyweds! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I've only worked in places w dress codes so I don't know any different but this new one I'm not digging. Thanks for posting a comment!!

      Delete
  3. Dear Friend I haven't seen in a while,
    When are we having a coffee date? And of course the dress code would change when I leave! Glad you're joining Friday Letter's! Hit me so we can plan a coffee date... is that part of Paleo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear friend, agreed we need a coffe date (not Paleo but I'll find something else) stat!!! We have to much to catch up on! & I need to give you the nail polish

      Delete
  4. aw your letter to yourself made me sad. If you are referring to losing weight and working out please realize that even if you can't see results right away or even after a few weeks you are doing your body a favor and making it healthier! If you still aren't seeing results consider your diet-- and finally you MAY have a thyroid issue and need to see a doctor! no matter what do not give up! You are a beauty already! thanks for linking up with me this week!

    xo,
    ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You're so sweet. I'm a highly active person working out @ least 2 hours a day. I do think it's a thyroid issue at this point. I did go to my Dr to get some blood work done. So we shall wait & see. Thanks for the very caring comment. Can't wait to link up again! You're blog is adorable.

      Delete
  5. Hi! I found you through the newlywed link-up! I've been hearing so much about this Paleo diet and everyone says it makes them feel amazing. I need to get more info!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I'd be more than happy to share some info w you. I'm really enjoying it so far. It's a lot of initial work but I feel great!

      Delete