Friday, August 31, 2012

New Idea & Post Card Swap!

Hi Everyone! So I totally planned on doing this post Wednesday however after I had lunch I did not feel good so I had a date with my bed and bathroom. I still felt not a 100% on Thursday but I am finally on the mend so I thought I need to get my butt in front of the computer and get my post ready. 

Where to begin?? First off last week I announced a giveaway here and the giveaway ended yesterday and I have a winner to announce! The winner is Deanne at Crafter Meets Craftsman. So excited (and a little jealous) but I can't wait to see what buttons she selects. Congrats again Deanne! 


In other news I have another what I think is exciting news to share and also a risk that I am taking. I still consider myself pretty new to the blogging world and it amazes me everyday the number of followers I reach and the comments I receive. In the past few months I have joined in many link ups and some I do every week and have become a fixture on my blog. One day I got the idea that 'why don't I host my own link-up?' This was a very scary idea because what if no one linked up? How embarrassing! But I thought who cares I decided to blog not for a popularity contest but for me so I went ahead and ran with the idea. I got a fabulous button made and so now drum roll please I am officially announcing my weekly Wednesday link-up called 'The Pit & Peak of your week'





Like I said it will be every Wednesday and you will just say what the Pit & Peak of your week. You can include pictures, obsessions, confessions, anything you want. I ask that you please grab a button that is now on the side of my blog (check it out) when you link up so we can get the word out there. 

What are your guys thoughts or feedback?? Would love to hear! 

I also had signed up for a Post Card Swap a few weeks ago and I was so excited to have received it. 

I found out my lovely Post Card Pen Pal was Brittany and after we sent a few e-mails back and forth we got a little more familiar with each other and then off we went to get our post cards. I have to admit writing a postcard to someone that you don't know was a lot harder than I would have every imagined. So I got her a fun postcard with the Chicago skyline on it and I wrote about the things you must do if you visit the windy city. Then a few days ago her postcard came in the mail! Check it out:




I had so much fun doing this linkup! 

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love your button and idea for a link party! Good for you for going for it :) I just decided to host my own swap (it's an encouragement swap). Like you I almost didn't do it because I thought 'what if no one wants to participate' but I decided to be bold and go for it :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement! I will have to pop by your blog and check out your link up. I hope that you come on over and link up this wednesday!

      Delete
  2. I so love your link up! I do a weekly post (not a link up) on my blog called Nutty & Nifty Thursdays, where I do the same thing and talk about the highs and lows of the week.

    Visiting from the post card link up, and I agree, it's very hard to write a postcard to someone you don't really know! But it was fun, I love swaps! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I hope that you try the link up!

      I know I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to write a post card to someone that I didn't know. Thanks for stopping over and commetnting.

      Delete
  3. Glad you liked the card! Still waiting on yours and then I'll post :-)

    ReplyDelete