Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Social

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far, I have to say I'm totally exhausted! I am working this weekend and when I came home from work today I had to take a nap and to be completely honest I thought I had started this post during the week (because that would have been logical) but I hadn't (ugh) I did have a moment where I thought I may skip this week but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. So once again I'm linking up to do


Sunday Social

Here are this week's questions: 

1. What were you like in Middle School/High School? Pictures.

WARNING/DISCLAIMER: I just want everyone to know I defiantly went through my awkward years during middle school and I may regret sharing these photos and I had to dig and dig to find these photos. I probably hid them for a reason. haha. 


                                          This was when I was in 7th grade. I mean I am so pale and clearly the start of my awkward stages. Middle school sucked! 


                                             Embarrassing! 


                                       Finally in High School I knew how to do my hair and make up and my nose didn't take over my face.


                                         Homecoming my Sophomore year of HS


My best friend- we were Juniors, still best friends to this day! 


2. What were your favorite past times?
I mean I grew up in the generation where technology was just taking off I mean we still had dial up. How ancient is that?! So my favorite pass time in Junior High was without a doubt was AOL and IMing. How funny. I would spend hours and hours chatting with friends or coming up with fun new screen names. Some of my screen names you ask? Daria256 (remember that cartoon on MTV), Perky565, dKaOvRiNd19 (I went through this odd stage where I loved the band KoRn and liked the drummer David, it was a short lived stage because the boy bands and Britney just couldn't let me cross over to the other side). 

3. What songs were you obsessed with?
 I mean please there is no comparison I was obsessed with Backstreet boys and pretty much any song they came out with. In middle school I was all about Spice Girls (I mean the closing ceremonies please talk about flashback! I still knew every word!) and I loved Posh Spice and I still do love her. And once Britney Spears hit the scene (Hit me baby one more time. . . ) that song was on repeat. I can remember when a girl got it for her birthday and we had a sleepover and all we did was play that song over and over and try and do the dance. I was such a dork.

4. What fashion statement do you look back on and cringe? 
In Jr. High I didn't really have great fashion because I have scoliosis and so I had to wear a full back brace 24/seven so it didn't allow me to wear cute clothes at all. In high school however I would say that I look back and see how obsessed I was with A&F. I look at some of the shirts I wore with the sayings and I think 'I was such a dork' but at the time I thought I was the coolest thing ever. 

5. Who was your celeb crush?
I never really had this obsession with anyone, even to this day I don't have anyone in the celebrity world that I am in love with. 

6. What were your favorite TV Shows/Movies? 
TV Shows:
Hands down- The O.C.
The Simple Life (remember with Paris Hilton & Nicole Richie- I even have them on DVD)
Laguna Beach

Movies:
American Beauty 
The Sweetest Thing 

Well let's put these years back in the box and seal it up! Glad I could share hopefully you got a chuckle and thanks for stopping by! 

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I did a whole lot of chatting on AOL too lol

    i'm loving people loving the oc it's great!!

    ashley
    ashleyspain.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasted much of my teenage years on AOL haha

      Delete
  2. i LOVED the simple life! it was so funny. now i think i would hate it though aha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it hilarious?? I feel like now a days it would be like the Jersey Shore- it's such a train wreck but you can't look away.

      Delete
  3. Britney Spears was the best back then!! I'll still listen to her older stuff from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jessie! The font on my blog is called Coming Soon. It came as a part of the template I use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, I forgot about The OC! Loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my birthday parties consisted of Britney Spears Karaoke! That was so much fun, haha! & Laguna Beach? I seriously just watched the first season on netflix last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laguna is such a great show and came on my senior year of high school and starting college and it was everything back then!

      Delete