Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Money Talks

Who doesn't love a bonus? The company I work I am lucky enough to be given the opportunity to bonus every month pending on sales and then at the end of the fiscal year I get a year-end bonus compiled of the company's performance and my personal performance. Well in the past it's always been really straight forward on the payout amount because it was either one of two percent's. This year however they changed the whole program but to our advantage so that we could bonus a significant amount more. Well the new formula which they tried explaining via a powerpoint presentation was even more confusing than when they first told us about the changes. So I figured I'm not going to sit here and try and cram numbers into a formula to guess what my payout would be I would just be patient and wait until the payout date to see how much money got deposited. Well at my year-end review (which I was freaking about because I'm one of those people) which went very well, I was given the amount that I would be receiving. Now I know I just said I was planning on being patient and waiting to see how much got deposited into my account but in all reality I was punching numbers faster than you could say Starbucks to try and figure out my year end bonus. I had come up with a number that I felt was logical and I was happy with that number. Well my comp sheet got handed to me at the end of my review and I about fell over- I under estimated my bonus by not a few hundred dollars but a few thousand dollars! Woo Hoo!!!! So now the task became what am I going to do with all this extra money??? First off, the first chunk of money I am using to pay off my one credit card. Yes I know very responsible of me. Now the remaining money could go towards my other credit card but that wouldn't be any fun. And with the economy in the tubes lately I should probably save it. But I am going to Vegas in a week and I could use it as even more spending money but we already have a good chunk saved for spending money. So what to do what to do?!?!
  Then I thought why don't I treat myself to a little something and my hubby to a little something and save the rest. It's a compromise.

So here are my thoughts on what I want...

I would love a new handbag but I'm just not loving any crossbody bags that my favorite designer has out at the moment. Although this is a contender...

Then there is running shoes- I got my last pair in January and they are already shot. So I am thinking of these new ones.
Then there is my latest obsession with Etsy and I found some cute pieces on there. Check out what I've been eying.
                

There are just so many things that are calling my name. Any suggestions on what I should splurge on or what you like out of my list so far??

No comments:

Post a Comment