Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Project: Banana Bread

So I'm not going to sugar coat this by any means but I am not a good cook by any means. The last time I cooked for my husband- we were still dating at the time - I had cooked chicken but I had added some spices to the chicken because I knew he liked spices however I didn't know that you were only suppose to use one spice like Dill, instead I had used like 4 and the outcome was he was sick for like 3 days. Oops. So ever since then my cooking was sparse. 


A couple of months ago a gym friend of mine named Melissa had brought me some Banana Bread that she made and it was utterly delicious- I texted her after I ate my slices and told her it was mouth watering. She told me it was such an easy recipe and she would e-mail it to me, she didn't know my inability of cooking. Once I got the recipe and reviewed it I thought it was easy enough and after contemplating for a few days I decided to try it. 


I got all my ingredients ready & set up: 


I added walnuts to my banana bread 


I then mixed all my ingredients into a mixing bowl and mashed my bananas 


I then mixed all my ingredients 


I then put it into the oven at 325 and baked for an hour and this was my end result . . . 



I know you're probably thinking it looks a little burnt- yes it is. The reason you ask. Well because once again my cooking abbreviations or just stupidity I got a little confused because when Melissa sent the recipe she used abbreviations. So when she put tsp I thought it meant table spoon therefore I put 1/2 table spoon of baking powder and salt. Not realizing until after it was in the oven that tsp actually meant teaspoon. So because of my overage of those two ingredients it took longer to cook on the inside. The best part was that Melissa actually had thought about writing out the words but thought I would understand the abbreviations. Once again she over estimated my cooking knowledge. While it was a little burnt on the outside it was yummy on the inside. 
I will be giving this recipe another go (and putting the correct amount of baking soda & salt in the mix). Below is the recipe in case you want to give it a try. 

Banana Bread or Muffins

3/4 cup sugar
2-3 bananas (mashed up)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 cups of flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla 
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 bag of chocolate chips (I may use white chocolate next time, so I will let you know how that turns out )

Preheat oven to 325. Mix ingredients in order. Pour into nonstick loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes o r until toothpick is dry when inserted into bread.

MUFFINS: Pour mix into cupcake cups, about 1/2 way, Bake at 325 for 30 minutes or until lightly brown on top. 



No comments:

Post a Comment