I hope that everyone had a fabulous Labor Day weekend! I worked for most of it but was able to snag Monday and today off! I didn't do anything exciting over the holiday weekend so like many bloggers I don't have any fun pictures or funny stories to share. But who needs that when everyone is still in the 50 Shades of Grey Craze. I am officially on the 3rd book and can't wait to finish- one reason is I have been reading the series over the whole summer so I feel like Christian Grey and Anna are house guests I would like to leave and quite frankly I'm ready to read another book. However let's rewind a moment and let ourselves get lost in this craze for a few more moments.
I feel like I officially knew us American lost our minds and our sex drive/fantasy when I was standing in line at Walgreens and saw this. . .
Yes do a double take but you saw that correctly that's a 50 Shades Magazine. I was half tempted to pick it up and flip through it but to be completely honest I had two cartons of eggs in my hands and there was no way a juggling act was going to happen.
So I've enjoyed the books up until this point (as I'm in the middle of the 3rd book) but I'm still fairly young so I'd to say I haven't lost my sex drive or fantasy but I know a lot of people have and these books have kick started that back up. I would like give a amen to that!
As many people I'm sure I can't wait for the movies to come out but like many movies from books I get worried who is going to play what characters and if they are going to stick to the book- none the less I will defiantly go out and see this movies with my girls. I have come across two movie trailers that I thought were intriguing so I would share.
And this one. . . .
I mean are you dying right now?? Because I was when I watched these. And for the record I would like to say that when I was talking to the girls at work about who we thought should play who I totally called Blake Lively for Anna's BFF and it looks like I was right!
So while I didn't buy the 50 Shades magazine I was intrigued enough that when I got home I googled it and low and behold someone from the Huffington Post wrote an article (and a quite funny one) about it here but the author points out some findings from the magazine so I thought I would share with all of you her findings. . .
1. 93% of people surveyed said they wanted a spanking now.
2. I am embarrassed for America.
3. E L James is working on a fourth book in the series.
4. Bret Easton Ellis has tweeted about Fifty Shades of Grey over 50 times, as he vies for the honor of writing the screenplay version of the books.
5. I am embarrassed for Bret Easton Ellis.
6. Women in a Mormon feminist book club read it and discussed it. That was actually interesting.
7. 82% of fireman interviewed (yes, you read that right, fireman) said they would have a drink with Christian Grey. I have no idea what that means.
8. I can have an ass like Anastasia's if I do squats with 16-pound kettle bells.
9. A first edition of Tess of the D'Urbervilles costs $14,000.
10. E L James can now buy all of the remaining copies of that book without putting a dent in her bank account.
11. You can have "vanilla sex" by applying Kiehl's vanilla-scented lip balm before kissing your mate. Only $9!
12. On a quiz entitled "Which Shade of Grey are You?" I scored a solid 40 points, putting me in the "Steel" category. This means I'll occasionally flirt with the dark side but I would only tell my closest friends. Shhh.
13. Lastly, I learned that 73% of those same firemen said that reading Fifty Shades of Grey had not "spiced up" their sex lives. Poor guys. You would think, with all that access to hoses and poles, they'd be on to something good.
Some good and funny takeaways and I can't wait to finish the 3rd book and wait for the movie!