Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"Easiest" Recipe

So today I thought I would share with you a recent experience. You know being a good wife requires a lot of qualities and one of those qualities is being good in the kitchen and well I'll be honest that is an area where I lack majorly. The one time I cooked for my husband (chicken so pretty easy right??) he got sick for 3 days!! Why you may ask, well it wasn't under cooked but rather I decided to put to many spices on the chicken. Oops. So needless to say I don't go in the kitchen very much and when I do he is always frightened. However even since I've jumped on the Pintrest bandwagon I've decided to turn a new leaf and try some recipes that I found. I mean some look easy enough. So I tried this one:




What you need:

1 box of Nilla Wafers (depending on how many you want to make)
2 Tbsp thawed Cool Whip Topping
2 Tbsp of yogurt- pick any flavor you like

Make it:

Mix the Cool Whip & Yogurt together and mix well
Place 1 wafer in a paper-lined muffin cup; cover the combined Cool Whip and Yogurt 
Freeze for 1 hour or until firm 

It was delicious!! I even brought it to a party and it was a huge hit. So I once again was getting a bug up my butt to try a new recipe so once again I turned to Pintrest. I came across this recipe 


Funfetti Cake Batter Dip
Serves 1-2

3 tablespoons funfetti cake mix powder
2 tablespoons yogurt, plain or vanilla flavor
1 tablespoon whipped cream (cool whip works too)

1. In a small bowl mix together the cake mix and yogurt until smooth.
2. Gently fold in the whipped cream until combined.
3. Serve with fruit, graham crackers, or animal crackers to dip and enjoy your party in a bowl.

Now it claimed to be the easiest recipe ever, I love the word easy when it's put in front of recipe. So off I went to the grocery store to collect my 3 ingredients and off I was to go make this dip. So I'm in the kitchen with my iPad checking it often to make sure I'm following the recipe to a T. 
So I dump the entire package of Funfetti cake mix in a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of Vanilla yogurt, and my 1 cup of whip cream. It then told me to mix until there were no more lumps, so I'm stirring and stirring and stirring. Ugh there were so many lumps not to mention there was more cake mix then my yogurt whip cream mix. So then I get the bright idea that maybe I was suppose to make the cake mix (meaning 2 eggs, water, and oil) so I dump all that in the bowl and start mixing away, and NOW it was starting to come together. So the hubby strolls on in and nearly stops dead in his tracks when he sees me cooking something in the kitchen. His curiosity got the best of him so he asked what I was making and I explained and then I told him the bump I ran into so I told him what I added to the cake mix and I was so smart for solutioning the problem. He then starts laughing I didn't know what was so funny but he then told me that you can't eat raw egg so I didn't solution the problem but instead was on my way to making a cake. Ugh. So I then felt defeated and thought well I mind as well bake the darn thing. So I rummaged through the pantry to finally find some pan looking thing that looked like it could hold my now cake. I popped that bad boy in the oven for 50 minutes and poof I had a lovely loaf cake! Which later I found out I cooked it in a meat loaf pan. Who would have known the difference. Check out my beautiful funfetti loaf . . .



Looks good doesn't it?? Well when I woke up in the AM to get ready for work and take some pics of my masterpiece it was half gone! Clearly the hubby thought it was quite good! 

Well I hope you enjoyed my little adventure, please come check me out for more of my daily adventures, current crushes, and many more! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment