Thursday, January 19, 2012

Favorite Things Party!!

Now before you get excited let me just say no Oprah did not decided to bring back a final episode of her Favorite Things and I was one of the lucky ones who got a golden ticket (would be nice though) but one of my best friends Chris has decided to put together a Favorite Things Party. First of this is genius I thought and secondly only she could come up with something so creative. Getting invited to one of her parties is pretty much like getting asked to the hottest party on the block- she throws these amazing parties with every detail thought of. So when she told me about the idea (I got the inside scoop) before she decided to move forward with it I told her what a great idea and perfect time of year to do this. So the concept is as such: You have to get 5 of the same things that are one of your favorite things but the kicker is that it has to be under $6. At first I thought okay no problem I can do that. Then she asks me, "Well what are you going to do?" I froze. I was stumped I have no idea what I was going to do because once I got to thinking of my favorite things none of which were really under $6. Plus I didn't want to be one of those people who gave just a gift card because well that was lame. So I have been racking my brain out for the last week on what to do for my favorite thing. I finally thought I had decided on something- you may all know my obsession with Essie nail polish and my signature color has become Topless & Barefoot. I receive so many compliments when I wear this color (which has become quite often). I thought PERFECT now I just have to wait for a Ulta coupon to bring it under the $6 price limit and I am good to go. So of course Chris checks in on me to see if I have chosen my item and when I told her she was excited but had said, "Well I think a lot of people are going to do nail polish but you can still do it." Ugh really?? I didn't want to do something that so many others were going to do as well. So I decided I would go back to the drawing board. So after a little guidance from Chris I have come up with my favorite thing and I am actually able to do two favorite things for under the $6 price point. 


You'll have to wait until Feb 18th to see what I chose! 


So what is your favorite thing under $10?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment