Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Gosh I can't believe that in a few short hours we will be closing out 2011 and ringing in 2012. There is so much to reflect on personally and globally. While this was a HUGE year for me personally because I got married, I started this blog, I have a successful career, the list could go on but instead of focusing on the personal ups & downs in 2011 I wanted to take a look at what were some highlights globally of 2011. Because as I was going through the list there were many things that I was saying, 'Oh I forgot about that'. See what you remember and if any would have mad your list of interesting things that happened in 2011. 


 1. Casey Anthony Trial- who could forgot about that, that for months divided a nation and still is one of those topics you don't bring up unless you are around close friends. 
2. Gabrielle Giffords Shooting- a horrific event that is still tender in many people's hearts.
3. The Royal Wedding- Come on, we can all admit we set our alarms at some ungodly hour to watch to see what exactly the future Queen of England's dress would look like and while she didn't disappoint neither did her sister. 
4. Japan Earthquake- What I still find so mesmerising by this story is that many of the people whose lives were destroyed by this tragic act of mother nature stored their money is safes in the their homes and when their homes were destroyed and washed away so were the safes. And as the months after this and crews and civilians were going back to clean up the wreckage they found the safes and not one dollar was missing from any safe that was found. The police collected all the safes and the owners were found and given their money and for many of them it was their life savings. I often ask myself would people here in America have been so honest? 
5. Arab Spring
6. Penn State Scandal- this is still a premature story so I don't have much to comment on it yet. 
7. Osama Bin Laden- Wow I never thought I would see the day that we as Americans would hunt him down and kill him. Truly a victory for our nation and everyone effected by 9/11.
8. Occupy Wall Street- This makes me think of the 60's when people want their voices heard they protested and I believe that this is value to this I say bring on the protests! 
9. Debt Ceiling Crisis- I legit can't even talk about unless I go into freak  out mode and run to my neighbors (who works for the Federal Reserve) with a bottle of wine thinking I need to liquidate everything and stash my money in my house. 
10. Euro Debt Crisis- Again not a good subject because at the end of the day this is directly effecting my stocks here people! 


So what were some of your pop culture memories of 2011?? 

1 comment:

  1. Ahem, you totally forgot about the most extravagant wedding of the United States followed by a 72 days marriage and then the obvious divorce... yes, I'm talking about your girl, KK.

    ReplyDelete