Monday, January 16, 2012

What's your status

When I was living up my single days and painting the town red (yes believe it or not I use to be crazy and carefree- not sure what happened to those days? Oh yeah, a career, age, and marriage but glad for this next chapter- I was ready to retire anyway) sorry I got off track but what I was saying was while I was living it up in my early days I was more concerned about my plans for the weekend rather than what guy I was seeing. If a guy came along great but very rarely would I seek out for a relationship unless he really caught my attention. However there are so many girls out there that chase for that status of a relationship and get so lost in the idea of being so dependent on someone for so many needs, emotional, physical, mental, the list could go on and on.  Then when they become single they are lost they have no idea how to cope or function. 
  I feel like so many girls view the word single as a death sentence vs being liberated. I mean this is the 21st century not the early 20th century- woman have high powered careers, children on their own, have a home of their own, the list could go on & on. Yet why do so many girls feel powerless and dependent on a relationship status?? 


I recently got this quote from a friend and thought it was so true! 


No comments:

Post a Comment