Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Virtual Closet

Any girl who grew up in the 90's can remember the classic movie Clueless I mean who could forget when saying the words Whatever & Totally sounding like a complete valley girl was thought to be cool. And lets not forget the classic feather pen- I have to admit I had one. But what I think every girl drooled over in that movie was the amazing virtual closet that Cher had I mean it was like a girls paradise to be able to have a computer match up your outfits. Crazy!!! I put a little clip below on what I'm talking about and a little trip down memory lane of a classic movie. You will get the idea of the virtual closet 9 seconds in and you only have to watch it until 27 seconds in. 



      
Even after watching it I still want my own virtual closet because with all the clothes I have I just seem to go back to those dozen favorite things and mix match those outfits. Well I happen to stumble across this AMAZING app called Magic Closet+ on the app store for Apple. It is free to download and is the closets thing to a virtual closet that I've seen. I have it on my iPad so I'm not sure what other devices you could use it on. The only thing is you need a device with a camera so you can take pictures of your clothing in the app. 
So I decided to try out this app to see if it was everything that I thought it could be and let me tell ya it didn't disappoint. The only thing I have to say it is time consuming at first because you have to take pictures of all your clothing items. This is a great project for a rainy day or anyone who lives in the Midwest a cold winter day. I did a little snapshot of what the app looks like so you can see for yourself. 


This is what it looks like when you open the app

After you select Take a Picture of My Closet it will give you the options of what pieces of clothing you want to take a picture of

Once you select the item you want to take a picture of you want to try and fit the garment in the outline- it can be tricky but you can retake the pics as many times as you want. 

Once you've gotten some items in different categories you can then slide left or right to see your options and then put an outfit together

Okay so is it as snazzy as Cher's from Clueless...no but hey after all these years I would say this is a great start. 
Maybe now I'll be creating some outfits outside my dozen pieces that I normally gravitate towards. Happy outfit planning!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I have been using a Website that does similar...I really love it www.stylecloud.co.uk
    I havent found one that fits clothes to a picture of myself, like happens in Chers. Anyone seen this?

    ReplyDelete