Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Girl's Best Friend

A girl's best friend could be many things. . . chocolate, coffee, working-out, a pet, but I'm talking about nail polish. What girl doesn't love getting her nails done and picking a sassy color to match her mood for the day or event? Plus who can't love the hilarious names of nail polish. I would love to have that job. From Sugar Daddy to I'm not really a Waitress. You've got to love it. If I could come up with a nail Polish Line it would be called First for example, First Date, First Kiss, First Time, etc. Love? Okay maybe it's a work in progress. I am always getting my nails done I even wrote a blog about it and my break-up from my nail salon (it was a rough time). But we've moved onto a new salon and we are all good. So since I wear black & white everyday and I have to have a very classic look while in the work place I am limited to expressing myself via my nail polish- but nothing to crazy (dress-code rules). So I am always on the hunt for a good color and always asking clients what color they are wearing. I always make it a point to check out the name of my current color so I can share it if someone asks because honestly it's the worst when someone doesn't know the name. Annoying. I actually got one of my favorite combos from a client- she said she uses two coats of Essie sugar daddy & two coats of Essie ballet slippers. Loves it!! The nail techs don't always love doing it because drying time is like 15-20 minutes because of the 4 coats.
  I was off today and had a little bug up my butt to go check out some new Essie colors at the store. I have always been a big OPI fan but Essie just has some iconic natural colors that I adore. Plus their new Summer line is amazing with the greys & khaki's & glowing pinks. I recently had gotten my nails done and selected the color Merino Cool which is also by Essie and I LOVED. Plus got tons of compliments on it. Recently it was featured in Lucky! So today I bought 3 new colors: Angel Food, Topless & Barefoot, & Fruit Sangria. I am so excited and can't wait to hit the nail salon next week to test out these new colors. I also got an amazing deal at Ulta-- if you purchased two you got one free -- Loves it! 
  I have also been on the hunt for the best natural looking nail polish color because I always feel as I'm flipping through the latest gossip magazine the celebs always have the best natural looking nail polish. However on my hunt today I think I may have found my new fav natural color (Angel Food). 

Check out my colors I bought today.. 

Left: Topless& Barefoot, Angel Food, Fruit Sangria

                                                                          All my favorite Natual Color's by Essie 

All my Essie Colors 
So what are your favorite nail polish colors?? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm giving you my Jersylicious snaps, girlfriend! Snap it up! SNAP! SNAP! SNAP!

    ReplyDelete