Saturday, July 16, 2011

Super Size Me

Anyone who knows me really well knows that I am a Starbucks whore I mean it mind as well be noted in my blood type. So I normally drink my Venti no foam sugar free vanilla soy latte (not a killer on calories people!) but since it is July and about 100 degrees in Chicago I needed to switch to an iced beverage. I normally will do my hot drink but make it cold but there does get a point where it is so hot out that coffee just doesn't do it. So I thought I'll get a iced tea lemonade because that sounds so refreshing so I order the Black Tea Lemonade lightly sweetened and my Starbucks guy (who does know me by name) goes would you like to try it in the new trenta size. I was like woah! I had heard back in December that Starbucks was thinking about introducing a new size and certain markets were getting to test it out but there were some stipulations on this new size and what exactly you could order in that size. I had to at least try this new size once and see what all the hype was about. Yah it is super size for the Starbucks world and let me tell ya it is also a pass for having to pee much more frequently. I took a pic of my finished trenta cup. 

That's HUGE and also cost ya $4.20. I came across a very funny article about the new size click here that really puts this new size into perspective. And if that wasn't enough in that article here is a great photo of what this new size means and in comparsion to some other things... 

That diagram really puts it into perspective. Well as they say in Latin: Veni, Vidi, Vici which means I came, I saw, I conquered. And now I will no longer be drinking something that holds more fluid ounces than my stomach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment