Monday, July 11, 2011

Starbucks is the predictor of the unemployment

So I am on vacation this week well let me rephrase that a staycation. You need one of those every once in awhile & with the hot weather in Chicago how could I give up 7 days of tanning? Never! Haha. So my good friend Chris said I needed a project for my staycation which I came up with one: organize the guest bedroom. I need my mothers help with this especially with the closet portion & she's highly NOT motivated for this project. Ugh. I still have 7 days of vacation to get it done. So Chris & I had a lunch date planned and a pow wow at Starbucks to go over our blogs & just chit chat over coffee. We went to the Starbucks in Schaumburg located in the streets of Woodfield which is one of there higher traffic stores- they weren't kidding! Chris & I barely found a spot to sit ( mind you this @ 2:30 in the afternoon. Middle of the work day people!) and people everywhere. Now yes some had their laptops & Blackberry's and set up their "office" and others were just gathering. Chris & I both look at each other and are like um.. We are defiantly in the wrong field here. I mean who are these people?? I think ever since the recession hit that it actually has boosted Starbucks sales & significance in society. I have read several different articles also poking fun at the new 24/7 crowd at Starbucks because of the jobless market and I would have to tend to agree. I mean if I could have a gig where I could set up my "office" in my local Starbucks then SIGN ME UP!! however I'd like to think most patrons are unemployed and with that in mind I will stick with my job & just continue to get my daily coffee from Starbucks and that be it.

1 comment: