Friday, February 3, 2012

Reading Wishlist

I love to read and it has been one of my favorite pass times for as long as I can remember. I actually can remember when I was around 8 I would read so much then when we were walking down the grocery store aisles I would be reading and my mum get so mad at me. Even as the years has passed I still enjoy reading just as much and thankfully I have a Kindle and my iPad so I don't have to lug books around anymore (however at times I do miss the smell of a book or going into the bookstore and browse the sections). Lately I haven't been reading as much which sucks because it's such a lesiure thing I enjoy. Once I'm ready for a new book it usually takes me a few days to decide what book to read because I have to search and search the Amazon website (thank goodness for the recommendations they give you based on your purchase history). I have a large spectrum of books that I enjoy my two favorite books of all time are A Million Little Pieces by James Frey and To Kill A Mockingbird. Yes two very very different books but thats my taste in books. 

Over my staycation I finished my current read: A Year and Six Seconds by Isabel Gillies which is a sequel to her first book Happens Every Day. I enjoyed both books and both are based on a true story and it was a good read and easy read but kept my attention throughout. So when I finished these two books I was ready to move on to my next read. This can be so stressful at times so my search on Amazon started. I'm a big Jodi Picoult fan and she did have a new book out but it just didn't seem like something I was interested in at the moment. Plus her last book well any book of hers for that matter usually ends with me in tears and I'm not talking a few tears here and there but streaming tears. The last time I finished her book I was on the plane to Vegas to get married and my husband looks at me as I'm literally crying not just sniffle sniffle full blown crying because of the ending. He looks at me confused and just starts laughing- thank you husband thank you. 


So I was mulling over my Wish List on Amazon and after much thought and consideration I decided to purchase The End of Normal by Stephanie Mack Madoff.




 I know you're probably thinking, "Oh what does this rich person have anything of value to say because her father in law was the master mind behind the biggest ponzzi scheme in history?" well I have to say she has a lot to say and she is shining new light onto this family and her life- the good, the bad, & the ugly. I'll be sure to write a review when I finish the book (I think it will be soon because I haven't been able to put the book down). 


What is on your reading wishlist for the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment